GCG’s Q3 2023 A&D Industry Update provides an overview of the latest trends in the sector, including recent equity market performance, valuation multiples, and transaction activity.
Key findings include the following:
- United Airlines announced it would buy 50 additional Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners and 60 Airbus A321neos into the 2030s, locking in delivery slots as manufacturers struggle with their supply chains and delay new aircraft
- Air France-KLM announced it will place an order for 50 Airbus A350 family aircraft to be delivered starting in 2026, with purchase rights for 40 more
- Deliveries of 737s fell to 15 in September after averaging about 33 per month through August; deliveries have been affected by aft pressure bulkhead fastener work required on select airframes
- Pratt & Whitney announced its GTF engines from A320neo jets contain a rare powder metal defect that could lead to cracks in some engine components, with hundreds of engines requiring quality inspections
- U.S. offshore helicopter operator PHI Group has placed an order for 28 medium and super-medium helicopters from Airbus, one of the first major orders from an oil-and-gas operator since a downturn in energy prices in 2015
- Indonesian and Boeing officials signed an MOU for Indonesia to acquire up to 24 F-15EX fighter jets
Click here for the full update.
See here for all Aerospace & Defense News and Updates