Q4 2022 Aerospace and Defense Industry Update

Back to news articles

GCG’s Q4 2022 A&D Industry Update provides an overview of the latest trends in the sector, including recent equity market performance, valuation multiples, and transaction activity.

Key findings include the following:

  • Select Q4 2022 A&D market news included a 737 MAX deliveries update, a key order for the 787, delivery of the first C919; the launch of Artemis 1, the unveiling of the B-21 Raider, V-280 winning FLRAA, and the 2023 NDAA being signed at $817 billion.
  • There were 75 transactions within the A&D industry involving United States-based targets or acquirers, decreasing from 82 in Q3. 84% of Q4 2022 transactions involved strategic acquirers with the remaining 16% representing platform acquisitions by financial buyers.
  • Categorically, approximately 56% of transactions took place in the Aerospace industry, 25% in Defense, 11% in the Defense IT/Services, and 8% in Space. Representative transactions are further highlighted in the report.

Click here for the full update.


See here for all Aerospace & Defense News and Updates

Related Professionals

Get in Touch

Tell us a little about yourself and we will get in touch as soon as we can.