Q3 2021 Aerospace and Defense Industry Update

Back to news articles

GCG’s Q3 2021 A&D Industry Update provides an overview of the latest trends in the sector, including recent equity market performance, valuation multiples, and transaction activity.

Key findings include the following:

  • Boeing released its long-term commercial market outlook (2021-2040) during the third quarter. Highlights of the outlook include:
      • Long term, market fundamentals and resilience driving demand through 2040 for more than 43,500 new airplanes valued at $7.2T
      • Long-haul travel returning to pre-pandemic levels by 2023 to 2024
      • The global commercial fleet surpassing 49,000 airplanes by 204
  • There were 95 transactions within the A&D industry involving United States-based targets or acquirers, increasing from 75 in Q2 2021. This was the second-highest level of activity in the last four years after Q1 with 97 transactions. 84% of Q3 2021 transactions involved strategic acquirers with the remaining 16% representing platform acquisitions by financial buyers.
  • Categorically, approximately 44% of transactions took place in the Aerospace industry, 32% in the Defense IT/Services, 19% in Defense, and 5% in Space. Representative transactions are further highlighted in the report.

Click here for the full update.


See here for all Aerospace & Defense News and Updates

Related Professionals

Get in Touch

Tell us a little about yourself and we will get in touch as soon as we can.