Q3 2017 Middle-Market M&A Update
Greenwich Capital Group LLC’s Q3 2017 Middle-Market M&A Update offers insight into recent trends in the U.S. middle-market M&A environment. The report also provides a data-driven analysis on M&A trends in the Food & Beverage, Healthcare and Industrials sectors.
Key findings include the following:
- Third quarter middle-market M&A activity rebounded from its recent low in Q2 2017, increasing 2.3% to 6,441 transactions. Disclosed deal values remained strong with an average value of $66.8 million.
- Foreign acquirers continue increasing their presence in the middle market, accounting for 12.2% of overall activity in Q3.
- Food & Beverage average deal values jumped to $91.6 million in Q3, which is nearly three times more than the same period in 2016.
- Healthcare M&A volume and value remained relatively static with the results observed in Q2 2017; however, observed EBITDA multiples experienced a spike due to activity from European investors.
- Industrials M&A remained active in Q3 with strategic buyers continuing to dominate activity as a result of strong balance sheets, favorable economic trends and positive public equity market dynamics.
View the complete Q3 2017 Middle-Market M&A Update for a more in-depth analysis of key market trends and observations.